Photo

paint symbols- where to find new ones that work?

paint tile new symbols

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Christie Board

Christie Board

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2023 - 06:12 PM

I need some help please.

I do a lot of elevation details in my use of Softplan.  Can anyone direct me towards more tile paint symbols that work as well as the ones that come standard with Softplan?  I need something  that can actually translate to a larger shower wall, etc and not leave odd gaps or strange repeats?   With so many variations of tile layout patterns being used today more options would save me a lot of time. 

I have never had much luck making them in Softplan and was really hoping that Softplan 2024 would have added new layout patterns to the basic options they have had for so long. 

In case anyone from Softplan is listening- Overall  the majority of your symbols (plumbing, lighting, furniture, etc)  are terribly outdated and could really benefit from some new options.   I imagine any of the users creating elevation details would be very excited about more paint symbols , especially when we take a plan file into a 3D presentation or elevation and want our finishes to look current and on trend.

If anyone knows of a source to import from I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks,

Christie

• Mark Petri, Jack Carson and Chris Proost like this

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 29 August 2023 - 11:14 AM

Are you looking for anything specific. I tend to create my own textures, but can try and make something for you if you can describe it ... or even sketch it!

• Steve and Carla Farnam likes this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Christie Board

Christie Board

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 04:39 PM

Keith- thanks for the offer. I was looking for a herringbone (3x12 tile) and a penny round tile currently.  If you could help I would love it.

thanks

Christie

#4 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 30 August 2023 - 06:48 PM

https://www.poliigon...ugh-copper/7320

https://www.poliigon...rch/herringbone

get the 1K...it will work in SP.

#5 Christie Board

Christie Board

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2023 - 11:26 AM

Allen,

Thanks for the links.   What I am currently looking for is more of the existing paint options we have rather than a realistic 3D version.  I didn't see that as an option at poligon unless I am missing something. However these 3D's are lovely.

#6 Thomas Davis

Thomas Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationOrange Park, Florida

Posted 31 August 2023 - 02:41 PM

Is this what you are looking for in a 3x12 herringbone paint pattern?
Download and unzip the .spy file and add it to your paint library

Attached Files

#7 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 05 September 2023 - 10:16 AM

Penny Round - 1" diameter ... You can always adjust to suit.

and

3" x 12" Herringbone - ended up rotated 90° to Tommy's. Which I've just realized he posted. Apologies Tommy.

Attached Files

• Thomas Davis likes this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#8 Christie Board

Christie Board

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 October 2023 - 04:45 PM

Hi,

I am back in search of a picket tile paint symbol  2 x 10.   For the life of me I cannot get a paint symbol I create to repeat without any odd spacing.  If someone has a good tutorial I would appreciate it.  The help section in Softplan 2024 does not seem to cover the "making of a paint pattern.

I would appreciate any help or a file direction I could download.  Searching the internet has not turned up this pattern that I can download.

thanks again

Christie

#9 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 13 October 2023 - 06:37 PM

Okay, The easiest way I've found is to draw what you want and decide where the pattern repeat points are ...

For example:

Attached File  2023.10.13-20h33m31s.png   1.32KB   0 downloads

(This isn't the right size, But if you draw it yourself to the right size, you might find it helpful for the future).

And then draw the paint definition template from corner to corner. Instant paint.

Personally, I find it much quicker than trying to draw within the template, as if you go wrong, the template gets confusing.

Keith

#10 Christie Board

Christie Board

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2023 - 02:46 PM

Keith,

thank you so much.  It took me a few tries but I did it!  Now I just need to keep doing this so I don't forget.

I really appreciate your help and instructions!

thanks

Christie

#11 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 14 October 2023 - 05:29 PM

You're very welcome.

Keith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users