5 replies to this topic

#1 Kathy Penner

Kathy Penner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 September 2023 - 02:07 PM

We have all our files on One Drive so all of us in the office with different keys can access them.

Lately we have run into trouble that One Drive quits uploading files.

This seems to happen mostly with the Soft Plan files.

Is there anyone on here that has run into the same snag?

Does someone have a suggestion for us?

Thankyou,

Kathy

#2 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 13 September 2023 - 04:40 PM

Have you tried sharing your files with the built in SP file sharing capabilities yet?  I like using it to keep others from overwriting your work by only allowing one user at a time access to the drawing file.  You have an option to share with all your company keys, or just a select few.

Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#3 Bill Wimberley

Bill Wimberley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • LocationSan Angelo, TX

Posted 14 September 2023 - 08:57 AM

We use Google Drive. In the past there was some problems but for the past year or so everything has been running smoothly. I have all our plans, libraries, symbols, & drawing templates on Goodle Drive. We are spread out over 6 states so we needed a way to easily share everything without having to email things back and forth. SoftPlan's cloud share really doesn't work for us because it would require that we go in and manually share thousands of projects. Using Google Drive everybody has full access to all projects just as if they were stored on their local computer. If someone has a project open SoftPlan locks the project so nobody else can open it. Google Drive makes automatic backups so if someone were to really mess something up or delete files a backup can be restored.

• David Zawadzki likes this

#4 GENE GILES

GENE GILES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 September 2023 - 10:21 AM

We do the same as Bill except with Dropbox Pro. Works pretty good. Upgrade to 2024 has been interesting to get the symbols updated.

Gene

#5 Bill Wimberley

Bill Wimberley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • LocationSan Angelo, TX

Posted 14 September 2023 - 10:27 AM

Updating symbols was pretty simple. Just make sure that SoftPlan Symbols and 3D Symbol folders are set to a location on Google Drive. Then go to Help/Download Additonal Content. The symbols download directly to Google Drive.

• David Zawadzki likes this

#6 GENE GILES

GENE GILES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 September 2023 - 10:31 AM

Thanks Bill as usual you are Awesome!!!!

Gene

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users