#1 GENE GILES

GENE GILES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 September 2023 - 01:23 PM

Afternoon All -

Any great way to downsize PDF's we are doing a 358 unit apartment complex and the file is huge.

Gene

#2 Don Gibbons

Don Gibbons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 10:32 AM

Plan Sets will allow you to Export to a PDF and set the dpi which affects the file size. It defaults to 600dpi and I change it to 300dpi. This setting usually keeps my PDF's under 10Mb. You can drop it to 150dpi but I think the quality suffers at that point. If you're not using Plan Sets and are printing to a PDF printer, that setting falls to the driver you have installed IF it's available. I checked the Microsoft Print to PDF and it was not available.

#3 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 17 September 2023 - 12:06 PM

Here, we are required to submit plans online as individual sheets and those individual pdf’s may be bundled into a single zip file.

Would that work for you?
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#4 GENE GILES

GENE GILES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 12:47 PM

We use plansets and have reduced the DPI to 300 and our systems are just hanging.

Gene

#5 Don Gibbons

Don Gibbons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 05:07 PM

Do you have any images in the plans? I have an image of my logo and there's a significant difference when I create the PDF with the border and without the border.

#6 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 21 September 2023 - 08:34 AM

I find multi-format notes are the biggest contributor. Any imports of DWGs with lots of line segments or other drawings that are real busy also contribute.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users