4 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Gray

Steve Gray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationWarner Robins, GA

Posted 29 September 2023 - 05:51 AM

Deck drawn on first floor plan including beam, support posts, and footing detail. Foundation plan exists in the project. Deck beam support posts footings not on foundation / basement plan.  Need to be installed when foundation footings installed.  How to automatically show the deck support footings on the foundation plan. Thanks (newbie)...

#2 Philip Frank

Philip Frank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 29 September 2023 - 08:04 AM

If you are using version 2024 you can overlay the 1st floor plan over your foundation and then use an Overlay Viewport to just show the deck support posts.

• Allen McDonnell, John Jones and David Zawadzki like this

#3 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 29 September 2023 - 10:30 AM

I normally go to the foundation plan, go to "floor system" mode and draw in a small slab to represent the footer, or could use Slab footing.

Then go back to Drawing mode then to "Options" then "visible items"   Then select " Floor System"(the words) then Floor slab, and the slab or slab footer will appear on this Drawing mode.

If you give it the correct size and depth it will give softlist, and 3d

Normally you would want to put the actual slab on the floor plan, for 3d and softist etc, and if a stem wall put stem wall on foundation plan.

There's a few more ways to to approach this

#4 Steve Gray

Steve Gray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationWarner Robins, GA

Posted 29 September 2023 - 11:40 AM

Philip. That worked. Many thanks...

• John Jones likes this

#5 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 02 October 2023 - 09:44 AM

I draw all my foundation elements on my foundation plan as much as possible. So, I copy and paste posts/piers from floors above and they are where I want them in the foundation plan. I turn off the pad/pier in the other floors and turn off 3D extraction if I have the posts on a plan that I want to see them in plan mode, but not 3D. I prefer to be able to load my foundation into SoftView and see all foundation elements without having to load any other floors/drawings. It also makes sure the relationships between footings and foundations make sense. Just the way I do it.

• Wesley Penner, Dennis Asher and David Zawadzki like this

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users