#1 Dennis Swihart

Dennis Swihart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationMontgomery County, MD

Posted 03 December 2023 - 04:23 PM

Hello - Is it possible to create a custom window definition that will have dashed lines for some or all of the linework in a live elevation?  I'm trying to show optional windows on elevations as dashed, just like I'm showing them on plan.  There have been a number of great posts that helped me learn to make custom windows.  But it seems to me that, no matter what I do, any dashed lines drawn in an elevation opening immediately turn to solid when placed in the model.  I was thinking that I could draw white lines over the solid black lines to get it to appear as dashed, but all lines turn to black when I insert the window in the model.  Likewise, I find that layers settings work while creating the elevation opening but once inserted, they have no effect.

Does anyone have another way to approach this?  Since i need these windows to be live, I think I need the solution to be in the definiion itself.  If I could place something like a hatch pattern on top of the window and have it somehow connected to the window (so it moves when the window moves), that could work too.

In the window editor, I see purple lines that look like what I want.  But where does that view actually occur in the model?  Is it only when you save a view as a separate drawing?

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• Elevation Opening.jpg
  • elevation opening used.jpg
  • Opening in model edit screen.jpg

#2 Dennis Swihart

Dennis Swihart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationMontgomery County, MD

Posted 09 December 2023 - 08:33 AM

For the record - I mostly solved this issue by simply drawing a series of solid lines to look like dashed lines.  The perimeter of the window will always be solid, but this look it good enough for my needs.  I made the window transparent with a dashed line offset just slightly from the perimeter.

Softplan just won't show dashed lines in an opening elevation, as far as I can tell.  

Attached Thumbnails

• 3D.jpg
  • elevation.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users