#1 Rick Kingsbury

Rick Kingsbury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationSpearfish, SD

Posted 10 January 2024 - 03:53 PM

Does anyone know if we have the ability to edit the structural grids?

I have a plan from a steel company that I need to match letters & numbers to satisfy the structural engineer.

I need to change the numerals into letter & vice versa.

The builder also wants to add structural grids that are partial (for example 3.6 or 5.1).

It sure would be nice to do a simple edit!

Thanks in advance!!!

#2 Derk Burgers

Derk Burgers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSioux Center, Iowa

Posted 11 January 2024 - 08:25 AM

I never use the structural grids, but decided to check them out -- I noticed you could turn the labels off and thought, well, if all else fails we can do the ole Softplan workaround and just turn labels off and manually note everything.

However, you can only turn 1 label at a time -- if you try to uncheck the Left, then uncheck the Right, it re-checks the Left.

In Drawing Options -> Framing Options, there is a group for auto-generated Wall Labels....I don't see anything for Structural Grids.

Seems like for custom labels you'd have to just use lines/notes.

#3 Jon Churchill

Jon Churchill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationThe Oaks, Australia

Posted 11 January 2024 - 02:37 PM

Rick,

Set the Drawing Options > Character Setup > Structural Grid font size to a small value eg, 0.1 Then add a note with a circle outline.

Jon

Attached Files

• Rick Kingsbury, Gary McKeon and David Zawadzki like this

#4 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 11 January 2024 - 07:59 PM

Can you just import the engineers drawing on to a new sheet and then add it into your planset?

As for the builder, just tell him your software doesn't do partial grids, but you can place as many grid lines as needed.

Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#5 Rick Kingsbury

Rick Kingsbury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationSpearfish, SD

Posted 15 January 2024 - 04:22 PM

Thanks everyone for your input.

I decided to draw a masked letter/ number with a circle & size it to match.

It worked fine, just time consuming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users