#1 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 15 January 2024 - 10:09 PM

I watched this video and it looks like they have been doing some improvements to their app.

Has anyone been using this to get as-built layouts?

https://youtu.be/_oY...D5rA5pdqNgSii6I
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 16 January 2024 - 12:27 PM

Looks good. I've had mixed results with scans customers have shared. The more complicated, the more contents, the less accurate. I end up not trusting it and measuring anyway. Sometimes it is nice to see contents and details when the scanner keeps the 3D views of the interior as part of the project. They still need quite a bit of improvement to be useful in my case.

• Mike Adams and David Zawadzki like this

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#3 Richard Taylor

Richard Taylor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 11:21 AM

The idea of scanning is super-cool and very tempting. But I've found that nothing beats measuring and inputting by hand - not necessarily because of the accuracy, but because it helps me to become more intimately familiar with the existing house.

Hope they continue improving this technology, however!

• Mark Petri, Jeremy Plum and Mike Adams like this

#4 Don Gibbons

Don Gibbons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 01:24 PM

I downloaded the app on my Galaxy S23 and was not really happy with it. We get into a lot of jobs where the corners are trimmed with baseboard and crown molding so it gets tough to pick the corners accurately. Plus, people are usually living in the house and there'll always be something in a corner.

I had a call from one of their sales reps and talked about the limitations of using it with an Android product, he was very forthcoming. Apple products, in the Pro series, have lidar sensors in them and apparently they work a lot better with that technology.

When I went to the Google Play Store to download the app, it came up with several other apps that do the same type of thing. My suspicion is that the same problem occurs with Android because they don't have lidar built into them.

#5 Michael Roman

Michael Roman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationPeshtigo, WI

Posted 23 January 2024 - 01:21 PM

Has anyone looked at Moasure?

www.moasure.com

I have been thinking about getting it and trying it out but I haven't pulled the trigger yer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users