#1 JOHN PATTERSON

JOHN PATTERSON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationPowell Ohio

Posted 18 January 2024 - 10:12 AM

I like that they have added this option to footings. They need to take it one step further by adding a negative element so that the footer not only stops flush with the foundation but steps back from the end of the foundation which is what would happen in the scenario where the crawl or unexcavated wall connects to a basement wall.

• Mark Petri, Jim Johnson, Jack Carson and 2 others like this

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 18 January 2024 - 06:31 PM

I was just trying that recently. I thought I got it to work somehow recently, but could not get it to play nice this last round and gave up. Maybe it was just a dream?!

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#3 Jim Johnson

Jim Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 19 January 2024 - 11:07 AM

I like that they have added this option to footings. They need to take it one step further by adding a negative element so that the footer not only stops flush with the foundation but steps back from the end of the foundation which is what would happen in the scenario where the crawl or unexcavated wall connects to a basement wall

You can achieve this by breaking the wall for the section that extends past the footing and turn the footing off.  You can also make the footing thicker to achieve a stepped footer if your step is more than the thickness of the footer.

• David Zawadzki likes this

#4 Richard Taylor

Richard Taylor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 08:40 AM

You can achieve this by breaking the wall for the section that extends past the footing and turn the footing off.  You can also make the footing thicker to achieve a stepped footer if your step is more than the thickness of the footer.

That's exactly how I do it...but it would be nice if John's suggestion were implemented!

• Jim Johnson likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users