#1 Bill Wimberley

Bill Wimberley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • LocationSan Angelo, TX

Posted 27 January 2024 - 05:25 PM

Has anyone been able to create interior elevation cabinets that aren't all light and washed out when exported to PDF? If so, how did you do it?

The darker image is an interior elevation saved as a line drawing then placed on a plan set page and exported to PDF.
The lighter image is an interior elevation placed on a plan set page and exported to PDF.

No matter what settings I use I can't seem to get the live interior elevations to be dark and sharp like the line drawings.

Attached Files

#2 Fred Dickson

Fred Dickson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 27 January 2024 - 06:46 PM

Use model view of the kitchen and use Direct X 12.  Increase the line width to what ever you want (1 looks good to me).  Try your Annotated view now and place on the Plan Set.  

#3 Bill Wimberley

Bill Wimberley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • LocationSan Angelo, TX

Posted 30 January 2024 - 09:06 AM

Thanks Fred. When I use the Direct X 12 with lines set to 1 it looks good on screen but is washed out and light grey in the PDF. If I increase the lines to 10 it looks pretty good in the PDF but on screen the lines are very thick like they were drawn with a magic marker.

There doesn't seem to be a setting where it looks good on both the screen and in the PDF. Which is weird since I can get excellent results both on screen and in the PDF for exterior elevations.

#4 Fred Dickson

Fred Dickson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 30 January 2024 - 11:35 AM

Weird.  Darker lines on the plan set and the lighter are on the pdf (smaller png) Line size is 1.  Seem pretty close?  

Attached Files

#5 Fred Dickson

Fred Dickson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 30 January 2024 - 11:44 AM

This is a PDF w/ Line Size 2  

Attached Files

#6 Fred Dickson

Fred Dickson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 30 January 2024 - 06:09 PM

One more try..... Direct X 12, Line thickness 3, Path Tracing 100, Tone Mapping 100, Indirect Bounces 4...... "It's getting better all the time."  

Attached Files

#7 Bill Wimberley

Bill Wimberley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • LocationSan Angelo, TX

Posted 31 January 2024 - 05:28 PM

That last one is actually not too bad. The gray lines are still present (you can see them when you roll the mouse wheel forward and back) but they are covered with black lines.

#8 Fred Dickson

Fred Dickson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 31 January 2024 - 05:42 PM

So this customer said to me: "Fred, the reason I had you come here at exactly 10 am is, if you put your head down on the floor right here and look across at this angle you can see a slight difference in the floor finish. The sun has to hit it just right, but you can see it."  True story.  

• Bill Wimberley and David Zawadzki like this

#9 Bill Wimberley

Bill Wimberley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • LocationSan Angelo, TX

Posted 01 February 2024 - 03:09 AM

Just tell him the finish has to stabilize. Have him check again at the exact same location and at the same exact time of day 2 months later and see if he can still see it.

#10 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 06 February 2024 - 07:08 AM

Try putting them on a unique layer and select the "fade" option.

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

#11 John Penner

John Penner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 February 2024 - 06:07 PM

Use model view of the kitchen and use Direct X 12.  Increase the line width to what ever you want (1 looks good to me).  Try your Annotated view now and place on the Plan Set.  

Could you explain a bit more detail please? Where do you go to set to Direct x 12? 

#12 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 08 February 2024 - 06:14 PM

Could you explain a bit more detail please? Where do you go to set to Direct x 12? 

Open up a 3D model, then options and then mode option.

Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#13 Larry Hartensteiner

Larry Hartensteiner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 February 2024 - 08:46 PM

After changes were made did you print and see if darker lines were like a PDF. file??

#14 Fred Dickson

Fred Dickson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 09 February 2024 - 06:55 AM

I opened the elevation view in the model mode, made all the changes as noted above, switched to annotated view and placed that view on the plan set.  The lines do appear much darker then they will on the pdf file.  I did not print the pdf file and felt no need to do so.  Especially since your printer and my printer will print differently.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users