4 replies to this topic

#1 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 08:33 AM

When i go to rooms, I'd like for the room label to give me just a name and not try to add the ceiling , floor , etc.

Is there a location to turn those off

#2 Colin Freichels

Colin Freichels

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 09:31 AM

Hi Fred,

You'll have to go into the system library and change the library type to "Rooms". From there, you can edit the defaults of what comes in when you place a room.

I'll try to include some screenshot examples of what you're looking for.

Hope that helps!

Attached Files

#3 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 28 February 2024 - 10:07 AM

When i go to rooms, I'd like for the room label to give me just a name and not try to add the ceiling , floor , etc.

Is there a location to turn those off

If you right click on a room label a room schedule will pop up and then you can turn off anything you don’t need.

Curious why you don’t want the room finishes to show?
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 28 February 2024 - 12:14 PM

I'd go into windows explorer, and copy the ?:\Softplan 2024\Rooms\(Library of Choice - I have 2) directory and rename it Labels, and then turn off everything except labels as Colin noted above. That way you can use a Library to label and still have a library to enable finishes.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#5 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 07:05 PM

David, I might be mixed up, and haven't had time to explore info from you guys,

but I like to use ceiling mode to place the ceilings and then I go to interiors to place flooring, base, and wall covering, etc.  

Seems the order I go, with how I put a plan together.         When I do room names it tells me I'm adding a ceiling on top of a ceiling, and so on. 

I might be looking at it wrong. But I would like to use "rooms" labels and maybe have the room size, I like to put the ceilings in and when I start 

flowing into 3D I go to interiors and plug that stuff in, etc.

I'm pretty busy, building and then do drawings, and forget a lot of how Softplan works, a little memory loss.

Going to system options is sometimes like "go fishing"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users