#1 JOHN PATTERSON

JOHN PATTERSON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationPowell Ohio

Posted 06 March 2024 - 02:32 PM

I used to be able to navigate around a 3D drawing by holding down the wheel on the mouse and move the mouse around. I could scroll in and out while holding down the wheel and move around at the same time. This morning, I was looking at the project on display in the featured project on the startup page. Now I cannot do what I use to be able to do with the mouse while I navigate around the rendering. I must have inadvertently changed a setting.

#2 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 06 March 2024 - 02:40 PM

The Featured Project is a Web3D file. The controls are different in a Web3D model from those used within SoftPlan 3D. 

#3 Fred Dickson

Fred Dickson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 March 2024 - 05:24 AM

A thought for the future: Use the numeric keypad for instant rotation of the model: The 2,4,8 and 6 give instant elevation views and the 1,3, 7 & 9 keys the isometric views.   The 5 does a top view.  And yes, we should be able to freely rotate the model with the mouse and the wheel.  

#4 Wendall Hilty

Wendall Hilty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 March 2024 - 07:15 AM

A thought for the future: Use the numeric keypad for instant rotation of the model: The 2,4,8 and 6 give instant elevation views and the 1,3, 7 & 9 keys the isometric views.   The 5 does a top view.  And yes, we should be able to freely rotate the model with the mouse and the wheel.  

I use the up and down arrows on the keyboard to zoom in and out of the model. It allows for faster movement then scrolling alone.

#5 JOHN PATTERSON

JOHN PATTERSON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationPowell Ohio

Posted 07 March 2024 - 08:04 AM

Its working again. I think it was the mouse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users