11 replies to this topic

#1 Ron Sirolli

Ron Sirolli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 April 2024 - 09:23 AM

Is there a way to do framing elevation so you can do a detail with showing the headers and jack studs

thanks Ron

#2 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 08 April 2024 - 09:36 AM

look at "framing mode" and see if that's what you're looking for

#3 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 08 April 2024 - 10:24 AM

Would wall Framing Panel work for you?

Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#4 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 08 April 2024 - 02:02 PM

If your looking for a 3d view, select in the navigation bar, down after 3D views the 3D framing.

That will show 3d of house frame,  Think you need to open that up and select from 3 options probably, Texture

If you open options and "extraction Options" you can see what the 3D for that, is extracting to show.  If there is roof framing drawn in it will show that.

#5 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 08 April 2024 - 02:12 PM

This is what you will produce, it looks better in Softplan or PDF, this is a jpeg

I see that the Wall Panel, David was saying, gives a nice elevation of all walls

Attached File  frame.jpg   76.95KB   0 downloads

#6 Steve and Carla Farnam

Steve and Carla Farnam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 08 April 2024 - 03:52 PM

Is there a way to do framing elevation so you can do a detail with showing the headers and jack studs

thanks 

SoftplanAttached File  Softplan-Model-Framing View.jpg   101.03KB   0 downloads-Model-Framing View

#7 Bill Wimberley

Bill Wimberley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • LocationSan Angelo, TX

Posted 09 April 2024 - 07:46 AM

Switch to Framing mode. If you would like to number your wall panels you can either select Add ID and number them manually or Auto ID to have them all numbered automatically. Select Generate Drawing and choose Wall Panel. You will get a page showing framing for all of your walls. If you are just interested in one specific wall you can delete the rest or copy the one you want.

Attached Files

• John Jones likes this

#8 Ron Sirolli

Ron Sirolli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 April 2024 - 06:11 AM

Bill this is what i am looking for when i open franing i can not seam to get this look so i can add notes such as header size

thanks Ron

#9 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 10 April 2024 - 07:21 AM

Ron...you need to save it as a drawing...then you can edit it like any other drawing

Bill this is what i am looking for when i open franing i can not seam to get this look so i can add notes such as header size

thanks Ron

#10 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 10 April 2024 - 09:04 AM

Generating Framing Diagrams

Once you have completed all the set up steps for generating the framing diagram you can then save a plan view of the drawing in framing mode (as shown in Illustration 3), and/or generate a framing diagram for the wall panels in the drawing.

To Save a Plan View of the Drawing in Framing Mode

1.   Select Draw ® Generate Drawing ® Plan View. The Save As menu opens.

2.   Enter the name you want to give to the saved plan viewed in Framing mode.

3.   Select the Save button. The drawing is saved and listed in the current folder.

Note:

The generated plan view will be added to the Other section of the Navigation Window. You can open the file by right clicking on the name of the file in the Other section and opening it in a tab or a new window.

To Generate a Framing Diagram

1.   Select Draw ® Generate Drawing ® Wall Panel.

A prompt opens asking if you would like to include all drawings in the Model in the Wall Panel Drawing.

image002.jpg

Select Yes to generate the wall panels of all drawings currently in the model stack. Select No to generate wall panels found in the active drawing only.

After selecting Yes or No, the Save As menu opens.

2.   Enter the name you want to give to the generated framing diagram.

3.   Select the Save button. The framing diagram is automatically generated and listed in the current folder.

Note:

The generated Framing Diagram will be added to the Other section of the Navigation Window. You can open the file by right-clicking on the name of the file in the Other section and opening it in a tab or a new window.

Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#11 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 10 April 2024 - 09:07 AM

Specifying Information for Framing Diagrams

After you have created your floor plan, you can automatically create detailed framing diagrams from the information you have placed on the floor plan. These framing diagrams will show the exact positioning of the studs in the walls and the depth of the headers above the openings. They are also automatically dimensioned. See Illustration 1.

image002.png

Illustration 1: Wall in a Framing Diagram

Before you can generate framing diagrams, SoftPlan must know the following values:

·    The stud spacing of interior walls and non-bearing walls

·    The stud spacing of exterior walls and bearing walls

·    The number of top plates to be used on interior walls

·    The number of top plates to be used on exterior walls

Note:

This information is specified when defining each wall type. For information on defining wall types, see Defining Walls.

·    The thickness of the studs you will be using to build the structure

·    The size of the header depth above the openings on interior non-bearing walls

·    The size of the header depth above the openings on interior bearing walls

Note:

-    SoftPlan has specified default values for this information. If you find that these values do not match your building practices, you can specify new values in the System or Drawing Options. For details, see Setting Material Dimensions.

-    If you want the size of a header depth set differently for a particular opening, you can edit the opening on the floor plan and override the default header depth by specifying a different depth.

To learn how to edit an opening, see Editing Drawings.

-    To allow you to be more accurate in specifying the depth of the header above openings, you can use Header Span tables to verify the depth. For details, see Setting up Span Tables.

-    If you use Header Span tables to verify the depth of the header, it is first necessary for you to edit each opening on a floor plan to set the number of floors that will be placed above it and the Header Span table you want to use for the header. For details, see Editing Drawings.

For this lesson open the drawing Lesson 1 Framing Diagram from the Chapter 11.spp project file (see Illustration 2). Use this drawing to create a framing diagram.

image004.png

Illustration 2

In order to create framing diagrams you must first go into Framing mode.

To Select Framing Mode

From the Mode menu on the Status bar, select Framing. The floor plan is redrawn in Framing mode showing the placement of the windows, stairs, and studs on the wall. See Illustration 3.

image006.jpg

Illustration 3: Framing Mode

to see images and illustrations, please refer to your HELP button

Softplan user since 1989

#12 Ron Sirolli

Ron Sirolli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 April 2024 - 12:25 PM

Thanks everone i will try all the info everbody suggestion 

thanks Ron

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users