#1 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:10 AM

A few times people have mentioned that the PDF export files are getting large.

I've just come across PDF Compress ... http://www.pdfcompre...t/giveaway.html ... which is been given away FREE until February 1st, 2017.

I haven't tried it, but it may be work a look if you consider that your PDF's are getting too large.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#2 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:35 AM

Thanks Keith. If people want to use the free version, they must be ready to accept that a watermark "PDF Compressor Free Version" will appear on the upper left corner.

Tested one out by inserting the individual Pdf for a set of plans. The odd thing is that the smaller Pdfs actually came out larger than the original. Larger ones came out smaller. Tested with the default settings and quality was so so. Would need to test various settings.

#3 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:40 AM

You don't have to use the free version at the moment, there's a  LICENCE KEY for the PRO version right on the page.

Can't comment on the quality as I haven't checked it out yet, but may do before February 1st.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#4 Don Gibbons

Don Gibbons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:35 AM

If you are exporting the PDF from a Plan Set, there is an optimize option you can select that will decrease the DPI thus decreasing the size of the PDF, I have done this many times on large files. No need for a 3rd party software.

• John Jones likes this

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:07 AM

I understand that, but even at 300 dpi (which is the current lowest setting), I am getting files that near 15Mb on occasion which means that they are getting really close to the limit for email. However I also acknowledge that apparently Softplan 2018 will have a 150 dpi setting which will lower them again.

Having said all that we don't just email Softplan files, and someone, somewhere may have a use for compression software, and at the moment the price is right.

Keith

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PDF, compress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users