6 replies to this topic

#1 Richard Ronan

Richard Ronan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:14 AM

Greetings,

I am returning to Softplan after a few years hiatus and, I am having trouble getting softplan to save my page setup information for a multi drawing.  I am sure there is a way but I can't seem to find instructions for the process.

I construct me drawings this way:

Base drawing 

-- Title Block

-- Model drawing 

[-- Additional Models/details as required]

I do all the printing from the Base drawing.  This allows me to set up various scale drawings for differing purposes.

I set the base drawing to print in the desired scale ( i.e. 1/4" on Arch D) 

After I close the drawing/project.  Once reopening the Base Drawing I try to print and the page setup has been reset to Letter/Portrait.

So I have two questions.

1. how can I set the system default to a different configuration? ( I prefer 11x17 landscape / ledger )

2. how can I get the drawing to save the page setup so I don't have to redo the process every time.

Thanks in advance,

-Richard

Thanks,

-R

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:36 AM

Since you're returning after a hiatus, this may be a good time to jump right into plan sets instead of multi-drawings. They are much more powerful than multi-drawings, and you can save configurations much more easily.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Richard Ronan

Richard Ronan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:06 PM

Keith,

Thanks for the lightning fast reply.  I hadn't even noticed the command. 

Much appreciated,

-Richard

Thanks,

-R

#4 Richard Ronan

Richard Ronan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:29 PM

OK,

I got a feel for Plan sets now.  Last question. ( yeah riiiiight )

is the recommended workflow to place notes on the Plan set page now?  I am used to using multi drawing to place notes in the source drawing, so that I don't write outside the title block, but it appears I cannot edit a source file while in a plan set page

Thanks in advance ... again,

-R

Thanks,

-R

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:09 PM

Personally, I NEVER add ANYTHING into the planset page. It would mean that if the drawing is repositioned, moving all the notes. I add EVERYTHING that is relevant onto the specific source drawings. However, I do have the planset page open at the time to make sure I don't go over page boundaries or other drawings.

No you can't edit the source drawing in the planset, but you can edit the original drawing and the changes are reflected in the planset immediately.

You CAN'T place multi-drawings in the planset. Plansets replace multi-drawings.

Again, since your "new" to Softplan, The basis of the plansets is using "information stamps" on the title blocks to pull information from the Project Information directly into the title blocks (or other drawings).

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#6 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:27 PM

I do my interior elevations with adding cabinet sizes to the plan set page to keep it real time.  However look at Keith's tutorial for live elevations.  It probably solves this if I spend the time to learn it correctly  :P

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

#7 Richard Ronan

Richard Ronan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:47 PM

Thank guys for the input.

Looks like plans set pages are only intended for the generic information, which matches the other major design software.  

I will consider this question answered.

Softplan still has the absolute best support community,

-Richard

Thanks,

-R

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Printing, Page Setup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users