No replies to this topic

#1 Dustin Hollingshead

Dustin Hollingshead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:26 PM

I grab a lot of quick help from the forums. So first off, thank you to everyone for asking and answering all of those oddball questions!

As always if this has been resolved elsewhere please let me know, I've read a lot of related posts but nothing exactly related to this.

I'm curious:

#1 - Will the scaling issues be resolved in the 2020 update?

#2 - Is the Key here to stay, Or will a subscription based option become available?

In no way am I a SoftPlan pro, but I've been using the program since 2012 but it was mostly 2D line drawings, very little modeling was needed. All done on a Dell Vostro with an i5.

Fast forward to 2017 with version 2018 and everyone seems to want to walk through the house and see their furniture in every room. I ran an ASUS Q503u for about a year which is a 2-in-1 laptop. Basics: i7 7500, 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 1TB SSD, with an Nvidia GTX950m - far exceeding the minimum specs. The first problem I ran into was the scaling with the 4K display- used the work around in the forum and dropped the resolution down to get by. After that things worked alright, but I had a lot of issues with crashing and locking up while regenerating renders. I put in tickets, it was looked at by many different people, no one, including an outside IT company, could give me a reason why it was happening.

I decided to upgrade, so I picked up a Surface Book 2 (Basics: i78650u, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD, w/ Nvidia GTX1060). Loving it so far (miss the 10 key though) but the pen features make markups incredibly fast and its been great for client meetings. BUT! Where to put the key?? One of the greatest hopes I had for this machine was to walk remodel projects with and grab numbers as I know some of you are doing with the Surface Pro (which I looked into, but ultimately decided on the Book because of the dedicated graphics and overall power - also a 12-hour battery life is handy). There isn't a USB port - or any port for that matter on the tablet, everything is on the keyboard/base.

Dreams crushed, I'll deal.

But I love being able to engage with my clients, and putting a tablet in their hands and walking them through the house does a much better job then huddling around a laptop at a kitchen table (bluetooth MXergo driving). I'm curious if anyone else out there has these issues or interests and I can go into more detail on some of the other annoyances if anyone is curious (the cursor and the floating toolbar for example). I understand the purpose of the key, but could another option be made available? I am however having a hard time with the scaling issue, seems like that should have been handled a while ago.

Thank you for reading, any insight or even "you're not alone" stories would be great. If I'm on an island with this one, so be it!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4k, Surface Book, Key, Tablet, 2020, Scaling

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users