6 replies to this topic

#1 Dustin Hollingshead

Dustin Hollingshead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:17 PM

Several of my projects reset to the default "SPHAND" font and sizes, I need to change them back on every drawing.

I've reset the project options, But when I go to the character settings on each drawing and reset to project the settings for the Plan Set sizes don't stick. Even just trying to change them in the project options they reset. Are these settings actually pulling from the System Settings?

Is there something I'm missing here or will I just need to do every plan set page manually?

Thanks!

#2 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:20 PM

Yes.  you need to adjust them in system settings.  Once you create a project resetting them in the project won't change the current one.  Same with drawings, if you already created one you have to fix it on that level.  All settings work that way.  So if you adjust it in a project and you create a new drawing in that project then they should be how you like them.  

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

#3 Dustin Hollingshead

Dustin Hollingshead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:51 PM

Thanks Tom,

What's confusing to me is that it's even an option to change the "Plan Set Page Size" within the project options. No matter what you type in after you hit "ok" it just resets to the system settings.

#4 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:29 AM

I have to admit Dustin I never noticed that with the Plan sets in project options.  I have always had some trouble where my plan set sheet has the wrong text size and I have to go in and reset to project but that doesn't sound like your problem here.  Might want to shoot it to tech to see if they can give you a better definition of how that part works

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:13 PM

It used to be very clear DRAWING OPTIONS - SYSTEM OPTIONS, set the system options up and if you wanted to update a drawing RESET TO SYSTEM.

... and then they introduced PROJECT OPTIONS, and things seemed to get really hazy. I expected to be able to RESET a DRAWING to PROJECT OPTIONS and RESET a PROJECT or a DRAWING back to SYSTEM OPTIONS, but it doesn't seem to work that simply.

I have occasionally opened a project and found that it contains the "HATED" SPHAND font and that even occasionally the system options have seemed to reset back to SPHAND for certain items. Not sure why. I do know I haven't come across it for a while though.

Just make sure that your SYSTEM OPTIONS are how you want them, and maybe you'll get to the stage where all the new projects open as they should. The problem may be opening old projects where the settings weren't set properly to begin with ... although my SYSTEM OPTIONS haven't included SPHAND for over 10 years and it started to be an issue when PROJECT OPTIONS were introduced. Just stick with putting it right and hopefully it will correct itself permanently.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#6 Dennis Hilborn

Dennis Hilborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationDFW Texas

Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:18 PM

It used to be very clear DRAWING OPTIONS - SYSTEM OPTIONS, set the system options up and if you wanted to update a drawing RESET TO SYSTEM.

... and then they introduced PROJECT OPTIONS, and things seemed to get really hazy. I expected to be able to RESET a DRAWING to PROJECT OPTIONS and RESET a PROJECT or a DRAWING back to SYSTEM OPTIONS, but it doesn't seem to work that simply.

I have occasionally opened a project and found that it contains the "HATED" SPHAND font and that even occasionally the system options have seemed to reset back to SPHAND for certain items. Not sure why. I do know I haven't come across it for a while though.

Just make sure that your SYSTEM OPTIONS are how you want them, and maybe you'll get to the stage where all the new projects open as they should. The problem may be opening old projects where the settings weren't set properly to begin with ... although my SYSTEM OPTIONS haven't included SPHAND for over 10 years and it started to be an issue when PROJECT OPTIONS were introduced. Just stick with putting it right and hopefully it will correct itself permanently.

what do you use instead of sphand?

#7 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:29 PM

If there was a SOFTPLAN version of ARCHQUIK, I'd use that - it's a much superior hand written font.... but there isn't.

My drawings use CORBEL and CALIBRI for smaller fonts/dimensions and COOPER BLACK for large ones.

For me SPHAND really grates on my nerves it always strikes me as a completely unbalanced font. Some letters look too wide and some too narrow. And the different balance from Upper to Lower case (I always use sentence case on my drawings) seems even more pronounced.

Attached File  2019.02.16_12h14m34s_001.png   154.86KB   2 downloads

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: font, plan sets, project options, drawing options

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users