6 replies to this topic

#1 Jason Bloomingdale

Jason Bloomingdale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 June 2024 - 11:38 AM

Hi experts and fellow weary pilgrims,

I'm having an issue pop up where I created a custom title block by copying the 11x7 Side Border template, adjusting the info so it's what I want, and adjusted the border so that it's only around the text block instead of the whole page, and now when I try to use the template on a plan set, it's moving my title block to the left side of the drawing instead of the right side where it had been. It's kind of a minor issue, but it's also somewhat irritating since I can't get things the way I'd like them to look. I've also tried re-copying the template and making the outside border lines transparent or white to match the background, but for some reason, they still leave behind a black line. If anyone knows of a way I can get things set up where there's only one box of text on the right side of a landscape print, I'd be forever grateful. Thanks!

#2 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • LocationSilverton Oregon

Posted 28 June 2024 - 01:57 PM

Have you tried to 'anchor' everything where you want it? Edit> Common tab> check box for 'anchor' then repeat edit.

#3 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 28 June 2024 - 03:43 PM

Use a paint break line or shade break line so it is there for reference to the whole drawing sheet size, but not printable, not visible. I actually use them for all my main plan drawings so they always line up in the center of my title sheet and page.

• Jason Bloomingdale likes this

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#4 Jason Bloomingdale

Jason Bloomingdale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 June 2024 - 05:25 AM

@Mark THANK YOU! It was making me a little crazy, haha!

#5 Richard Rubinski

Richard Rubinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • LocationWarner Robins, GA.

Posted 29 June 2024 - 06:30 PM

Use a paint break line or shade break line so it is there for reference to the whole drawing sheet size, but not printable, not visible. I actually use them for all my main plan drawings so they always line up in the center of my title sheet and page.

#6 Richard Rubinski

Richard Rubinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • LocationWarner Robins, GA.

Posted 29 June 2024 - 06:34 PM

Mark, do you make a template of your title block using paint break lines to use on your drawing pages so it will line up on your plan set pages?

Thanks
Rick

#7 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 01 July 2024 - 08:23 AM

Rick,

My title block has lines around the print space. So, it aligns with the sheet size when I assign it to the correct plan set template. My base drawing, revision schedule, some other reference drawings all will have a box of paint break lines that show where my drawing space is (to align with my title block) and show where my title block text is. I also have the top reference and a brick wall (one I rarely use on drawings) in the upper right corner, so all my drawing offsets are referenced there. It helps keep my sanity and allows me the opportunity to align everything fairly easily. With the new plan set feature of being able to align drawings with another on a different plan set sheet it may not be as important, but I kind of like the way I have it.

The big drawback is my drawings will load on the plan set sheet as 3/16" scale due to the fact that my lines are close enough to the sheet size that 1/4" is too much for SP to reconcile. Not a big deal, but I do wish we could set what scale drawings load into plan set sheets at. That way I'd have very little adjustment.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: title block, plan set, format

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users