• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Colin Freichels

Colin Freichels

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 September 2024 - 01:09 PM

Wondering if anyone knows a way to do a numbered or bulleted list? I've looked everywhere and aside from manually numbering and spacing out from the number I can't seem to find a way. Even using a table I can't find a way to auto-number my lines of text.

This is probably one of the only features that I miss from Revit.

#2 Matthew Dunson

Matthew Dunson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 20 September 2024 - 04:46 PM

You could use the Keynote Schedule in SoftPlan to assist with this need. To start a Keynote Schedule, go to Notes, Keynote Schedule. Place your Keynote Schedule and edit the properties to your desired visual look. To add Keynotes, create a new text line with the description of your keynote. Edit the Text and at the bottom right check the box 'Set as Keynote'. When selected, you will see the properties of the note change such as the Outline shape and Masking properties. Once you are happy with your keynote settings, press OK and you will see your existing note change to a numbered Keynote. Edit the Keynote Schedule and make sure 'Live Schedule' is enabled and click on Regenerate. To add a new note, you can either copy the existing keynote and edit it or follow the steps above to make a new note. If you copy an existing keynote and change it, the keynote will automatically update to the next available number which can be a time saver compared to making a new overview or detailed note and manually checking 'Set as Keynote'.

Every time you add new keynotes, make sure you Regenerate your Keynote Schedule. You can also change the Outline Shape of your keynotes if you need to categorize different keynotes based on visual style of the keynote outline. From what I know, there is no way to re-order your keynotes. It is strictly based in the order in which you add notes and set them as keynotes. I may be mistaken but I hope SoftPlan adds the ability to re-order automatic keynotes in the future with a simple resorting feature we get with normal tables.

SoftPlan could use the ability to add multiple keynote schedules inside one drawing. For example, the 'Set as Keynote' feature inside an editable note can be updated to where the user can assign that note to a specific keynote schedule. This will be useful if a user needs multiple keynote schedules for different categorized items in one drawing.

• Colin Freichels likes this

#3 Richard Taylor

Richard Taylor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 September 2024 - 09:24 AM

Wondering if anyone knows a way to do a numbered or bulleted list? I've looked everywhere and aside from manually numbering and spacing out from the number I can't seem to find a way. Even using a table I can't find a way to auto-number my lines of text.

This is probably one of the only features that I miss from Revit.

One of my frustrations with SP since day one. Tables and schedules and notes - all nice and all useful - but a true word-processing ability within SP would be a very, very nice feature.

• Mark Petri, Keith Almond and Colin Freichels like this

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,128 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 23 September 2024 - 03:09 PM

I'd like to be able to save a template table as a symbol, but it won't do that ...

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#5 Philip Frank

Philip Frank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 24 September 2024 - 09:42 AM

In regards to the original post, you could create a bulleted list in Word and copy and paste into the SoftPlan Multi Format Note tool. This tool maintains all of the formatting from Word.

• Tim Kenyon, David Zawadzki, Matthew Dunson and 1 other like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lists, notes, annotation, numbered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users