#1 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 12 September 2023 - 06:54 PM

After a long delay in hopes of most kinks being worked out, I am just starting to use 2024 for projects that I get paid for. I opted to install most of my settings from 2022, but really wanted to make some changes. Of course, I had to load most of my settings one by one due to the system not being able to do it automatically as we've seen in the past versions.

All the messing around to get set up is a bit of a pain, but not nearly as painful as some other programs. As I work through some of the initial updates and settings I am finding the stamps in notes annoying.

1) Now, when I put a state in the box for the @project_state, @builder_state, etc. it automatically spells out the state with a capital first letter and small letters following. I want to keep the two letter abbreviation instead of the state being spelled out. I also keep all my notes in CAPS so having it automatically spell it out this way is now causing a mess of workarounds or compromise.

2) I wanted to bring all my user defined stamps in from 2022. I could not find the way to archive/restore or copy them all at once. So, I spent the time to enter them each while referring to the list I had in 2022. If someone knows a way or what folder/file in the program they can be copied from that would be super helpful for future installs or others who may want to bring them over from a previous version.

3) I have had this issue for a long time, but it has gotten even more annoying with the temporary dimensions - when I click near an overview note on my title sheet it almost always asks if I want to print it. I am trying to edit the note, not print it. So, often I have to move away and then back to try and get it to let me edit it. Most of the time it is when I am using the "right click" menu, but sometimes it happens in other situations.

4) I really don't need temporary dimensions to show up for every little thing I move or adjust in my drawings. It would be nice if we could pick and choose what it works on. I am tempted to just turn it off rather than work with it.

5) Another long-time annoyance is that you can have a single line of text for a left justified note, but not for a center or right justified note. Seems silly. Would be nice if I could decide how many characters stay in each line of a note instead of having to deal with how SP decides.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 12 September 2023 - 08:16 PM

Another long-time annoyance is that you can have a single line of text for a left justified note, but not for a center or right justified note...

Must be my all time biggest annoyance. In case you weren't aware (and I'm only guessing) centre justified breaks at the size of the text box ... HUH!

If you centre justify a line of text it has a character limit which appears to change depending on the size of the box. Make the text box full screen and try the same edit. Not sure I'm explaining it well, but just try it.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 13 September 2023 - 10:40 AM

Keith,

I will try that. Thanks for the tip.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: notes, stamps, text, user defined stamps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users