#1 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 23 September 2016 - 07:39 AM

I have created a plan (in the problem case it is the main floor plan) which has walls that the wall states it to be a 9'1" wall when I click on edit and the definition (based on the individual components and definition height).  However the wall height in the description says it is 10'1" which I adjusted through the "Set wall height" command. (see picture).  This has screwed up my material take off.

I know that I shouldn't have to but I am guessing the way to work around this now is to create a 10'1" specific wall so my counts are correct. 

I have never had this problem before so I hope it is a glitch that tech support can fix (have a ticket in to them).  I know there are not many who use take-offs but has anyone else seen this problem? 

Attached Thumbnails

• 2016-09-23.png

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 23 September 2016 - 07:48 AM

That really seems odd. I don't use SOFTLISt, but was under the impression that when a wall was adjusted in height, the material list adjusts accordingly. If it doesn't then there's NO point in letting users adjust wall heights, and should force a revised definition.

Are you sure the materials are wrong. Have you run a material list with the wall at 9'-1" and compared it with the material list at 10'-1"?

I know I've edited walls before that are at odd heights and seem to remember the definition reflecting the adjusted height. However, today I cannot recreate it.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 08:04 AM

I have two houses one with a 10'/9' (nominal)  ceiling height and the other at 9'/8' and they have the same pieces.  The one with 8' upper floor shows the correct studs, it is on the 10' wall of the first that nothing shows up.  I am hoping it is just a file glitch that can be fixed. 

#4 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 23 September 2016 - 09:12 AM

I see in your wall definition that the studs are checked to fixed. That should be removed so that they adjust to different heights. The plates are the only ones that should be fixed.

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:10 AM

Good catch Yvon, I didn't spot that.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#6 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 11:14 AM

Thank you Yvon.  That was it.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wall height, wall definition, softlist, material list

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users