#1 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:42 PM

I've been working on a few drawing jobs in 2016. And, I've noticed in plan sets that my drawings keep changing. On my structural sheets I've added the floor plan and changed the drawing mode to floor system. Everything looks good when I get it all lined up and set on the plan set sheet. Then I go into the drawing and make a change on drawing mode and all of a sudden it changes on my structural plan set sheet. I've caught and changed this several times. But today a set of drawings got stamped and sent to the builder, owner and county. And, then we found out the floor system drawing had actually changed to the drawing mode again before I exported the PDF. So, now, it is not only frustrating, but costing us money on reprints, etc.

So, beware- drawings that are in plan set sheets will change mode visibility without warning.

• Cory Ewing likes this

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:11 PM

As far as I can make out, the drawing on the plan set is ALWAYS in the same mode as the actual drawing - even in 2014. Is that not the case?

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:50 PM

Whatever drawing mode you have it set as when you bring it into the plan set sheet it should stay as.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:25 PM

Oh, I agree. That way electrical plans etc. are simple. But in my experience, that isn't the way it works. I've watched 2014 change the plans as I edit them. What I was trying to ascertain, is, is that the way it's supposed to work, or the way it does work. I haven't worked with plan sets long (still don't know if i like them or not!) and I don't have 2016 yet, but I don't seem to have ever been able to lock the plan set into a certain mode. Have you tried editing the mode on the plan set instead of the drawing.? Will it lock that way? I know you can change the 3D modes that way.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:43 AM

Mark, Apologies, Just tried changing modes in 2014, and it didn't change on the plan set. I was sure I'd seen that behavior before.

You're probably right and it's something to do with the automated updates in 2016.

Keith

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Plan Sets, drawing sheets, drawing mode

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users