#1 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:46 PM

We use TOSHIBA Qosmio X870 - PSPLXC-02G00F models that have dual video capabilities.

They have a 3GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M, and 2GB Intel® HD Graphics 4000 that shares memory from the 12GB RAM ...... or so I understand.

In NVIDIA’s Control Panel, we can configure specific programmes to use either of the video adapters. Does anyone have any idea which of Softplan’s programmes should be configured to use the NVIDIA card and which the Intel graphics for best results.

Got to admit, I’m a little out of my depth here, so any help would be appreciated. I have also sent this to Tech Support, but don't know how expert they are with the hardware.

Is anyone else using Qosmio's? or is there a hardware expert in the house ....

Thanks.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#2 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:28 PM

We use TOSHIBA Qosmio X870 - PSPLXC-02G00F models that have dual video capabilities.

They have a 3GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M, and 2GB Intel® HD Graphics 4000 that shares memory from the 12GB RAM ...... or so I understand.

In NVIDIA’s Control Panel, we can configure specific programmes to use either of the video adapters. Does anyone have any idea which of Softplan’s programmes should be configured to use the NVIDIA card and which the Intel graphics for best results.

Got to admit, I’m a little out of my depth here, so any help would be appreciated. I have also sent this to Tech Support, but don't know how expert they are with the hardware.

Is anyone else using Qosmio's? or is there a hardware expert in the house ....

Thanks.

If you sent it to support, they'll probably tell you that the NVIDIA card is not compatible with Softplan, that you need a gaming card. I have a NVIDIA and works ok at least with 2014

#3 randolph cohn

randolph cohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Locationmarin county - california

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:25 PM

most of the time i hear people say get the nVidia GTX 600 series or above,

i have the GT 630 and it's fine.

btw, i do lot's of 3d work.

randy

v10 to future 2016+ ;)

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:40 PM

If you sent it to support, they'll probably tell you that the NVIDIA card is not compatible with Softplan, that you need a gaming card. I have a NVIDIA and works ok at least with 2014

Yvon, The Qosmio is a gaming laptop ... The GTX 670M is specifically for gaming.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nvidia, hardware, setup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users