Photo

SoftList Custom Formulas with User Defined Variables

softlist user defined variables custom formulas variable costs help setup report configuration new user

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PDH Drafting

PDH Drafting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 12:21 PM

I am trying to set up variable costs in my SoftList to estimate costs for our various subs based on their quotes. The base price of these quotes is per Sq.Ft based on the location of the job. I thought to try and utilize variables that are already in the system, but I could not find a way to link them properly in SoftList (specifically the Project_City variable that is set in the system on a per project basis). After that failed, I tried setting up a User Defined Variable and named it project_city, game it a selection prompt, and gave a list of values with the names of the cities we build in. However, I cannot seem to write a custom formula that properly utilizes this variable. I have tried the following, all to no avail:

list (area)

if project_city = CityA

@cost = 1.23

else

if project_city = CityB

@cost = 4.56

endif

endif

list (area)

if project_city:CityA

@cost = 1.23

else

if project_city:CityB

@cost = 4.56

endif

endif

list (area)

if project_city = project_city:CityA

@cost = 1.23

else

if project_city = project_city:CityB

@cost = 4.56

endif

endif

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong here? The first option gives me the error "Undefined variable (CityA)." The other two do not give any errors. None of them set the cost as intended.

#2 Philip Frank

Philip Frank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 30 June 2021 - 04:49 AM

Have you contacted support? Any time I have run into trouble with writing formulas sor SoftList, they have been able to help me figure it out.

#3 Richard Rubinski

Richard Rubinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • LocationWarner Robins, GA.

Posted 30 June 2021 - 05:32 AM

Do you have CityA and CityB defined as a variables? Just a thought.

#4 PDH Drafting

PDH Drafting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 01:23 PM

Do you have CityA and CityB defined as a variables? Just a thought.

I ended up making a User Defined Variable as "project_city" with a selection value of "City_A", "City_B" and so on. Thank you so much for the tip!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: softlist, user defined variables, custom formulas, variable costs, help, setup, report configuration, new user

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users