7 replies to this topic

#1 Eric Muntz

Eric Muntz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationPort Carling, ON

Posted 29 September 2020 - 09:59 AM

I'm not a fan of the patio doors in Softplan. I find them too bulky. I'm trying to find a way to reduce the border around the glass.

I've tried making a custom door, but it never presents well. Any one else have any suggestions?

I find the manufacturer ones are the same, unless someone can suggest one I haven't tried.

I typically just end up using casement window for my sliding door, as shown in the attached image. The 3 panel door is casement windows and the 2 panel door is the typical patio door.

I typically use casement windows for patio doors also. Any suggestion would be helpful!

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot 2020-09-29 114924.jpg

• Rick Kingsbury likes this

#2 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 29 September 2020 - 01:25 PM

Is the border around the glass confusing your window vendor?  Not sure what the problem is???

• Eric Muntz likes this
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#3 Thomas Parker

Thomas Parker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 29 September 2020 - 01:31 PM

Hi Eric,

did you try Openings - Manufacturer - Anderson - 200 Narroline Gliding Patio Doors

Vr2020

• Eric Muntz likes this

Tom Parker

TJP Designs and Const. LLC

v10 - v2020

#4 Eric Muntz

Eric Muntz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 01:48 PM

Is the border around the glass confusing your window vendor?  Not sure what the problem is???

It's just the appearance that I have an issue, as well it's not a realistic visual of what the installed door will look like. Which, yes, could result in an issue with the window vendor is as well.

Point being that I shouldn't have to use a casements window as a door to get the look I want.

#5 Eric Muntz

Eric Muntz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 01:50 PM

Hi Eric,

did you try Openings - Manufacturer - Anderson - 200 Narroline Gliding Patio Doors

Vr2020

Hi Tom,

I did try that particular door, and it looks the same as the standard softplan patio door on my end.

I sometimes wonder if my it's referencing the wrong door sometimes, if that's even possible.

#6 Thomas Parker

Thomas Parker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 01 October 2020 - 05:49 PM

This works for me - does yours look like this

Openings - Manufacturer - Anderson - 200 Narrowline Gliding Patio Doors

Attached Thumbnails

• slide door.jpg

• Eric Muntz likes this

Tom Parker

TJP Designs and Const. LLC

v10 - v2020

#7 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,088 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 02 October 2020 - 10:09 AM

Go to FILE > SYSTEM OPTIONS > SYSTEM LIBRARY and Select the Library type OPENINGS

From there select your standard patio door, and EDIT SYMBOL

Select Component SLIDING DOOR and EDIT INDIVIDUAL COMPONENT

On the ELEVATION tab, change Symbol from SLIDING GLASS to HORIZONTAL SLIDER.

OK ... OK ... OK.

If you want to edit an already placed door, you can then either RESET SYMBOL, or edit the DRAWING LIBRARY as above.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#8 Eric Muntz

Eric Muntz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 12:00 PM

No, mine don't look like that. They did at one point though. At some point my library has gotten messed up. I'm going to try Keith's suggestion.

This works for me - does yours look like this

Openings - Manufacturer - Anderson - 200 Narrowline Gliding Patio Doors

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: patio doors, doors, sliding doors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users