Photo

Wall coverings on the inside of an exterior wall?

wall covering exterior wall

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Robyn Pike

Robyn Pike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2022 - 11:11 AM

Hi there, I've been having trouble showing wall coverings in 3D mode. The wall coverings are correct for the three interior walls, however it shows the texture I have for "Drywall A" on the inside of the exterior wall. My goal is to paint each room a different color - is this possible with wall coverings? I've tried offsetting them, doesn't seem to change anything. I've attached photos for reference.

Thank you to anyone who has suggestions.

Plan.png

3D.png

#2 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 06 July 2022 - 12:20 PM

Have you tried changing the wall colors in each room by editing the room label?
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#3 Robyn Pike

Robyn Pike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2022 - 12:28 PM

Thanks for your response David.

I do have each room label set to a different paint color. All the interior walls look correct, however the exterior walls stay the same as Drywall A. 

#4 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 06 July 2022 - 12:33 PM

Sounds like something in your exterior wall definition needs a tweak.
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#5 Robyn Pike

Robyn Pike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2022 - 12:47 PM

Figured it out!

I took a closer look at my wall definition - the vapor barrier line was covering the edge of the drywall.

Thanks for the help David

• Gary McKeon and David Zawadzki like this

#6 Wendall Hilty

Wendall Hilty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 October 2022 - 12:19 PM

I just had the exact same problem with my 2x4 brick wall. I don't think I ever edited it so apparently this is wrong out of the box. It's an easy fix if you know what the problem is, but it should be fixed for future users.

#7 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 06:10 PM

sound like you just need to go to interior mode and there you can use wall covering to paint the walls and choose from different paints   Paint 1   paint 2 etc.   

Sounds like you are using the drywall as your paint colors?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wall covering, exterior wall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users