#1 Derk Burgers

Derk Burgers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSioux Center, Iowa

Posted 15 March 2023 - 09:28 AM

I am drawing a 60x100 shed, and trying to represent all of its components to help an estimator learn what goes into this type of building.

I need a draft stop (OSB, drywall, etc nailed to a truss) in the center of the building). I have an "OSB only" wall drawn in the correct position, but it doesn't show up in 3D textured or in 3D framing.

I've tried setting my wall definition to use "Oriented Strand Board", "Sheathing", "Plywood".

I've opened "Extraction Options" and "Materials" in both modes and can't seem to get the material turned on.

I ensured that "extract in model" is turned on.

I've messed with layers/building options.

What simple thing am I missing?

The only reason I care this much is I'm also trying to work my way into correctness of the model, with a view to using SoftList.

It does report to SoftList correctly, so I know it's in the model....it just doesn't render.

Thanks,

Derk

#2 Steve and Carla Farnam

Steve and Carla Farnam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 15 March 2023 - 10:09 AM

Derk, OSB only wall created, Offset to top of wall/bottom of truss and the wall then fit to roof along side of truss for fire/draft stop. 

One jpg shows wall  and visibility settings the other shows fit to roof for stop. First wall rotated 90 and then fit to roof

Attached Thumbnails

• OSB Wall.jpg
  • OSB Fit To Roof.jpg

#3 Derk Burgers

Derk Burgers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 March 2023 - 06:39 AM

If I change the material to something like "Stud", it shows up instantly, exactly as it should.

In the Materials menu, OSB doesn't even show up for Wall (or anywhere else). When I click "All Items" it's listed as Visible, but the whole line is greyed out.

Attached Thumbnails

• WALL DEFINITION 2.png
  • WALL DEFINITION.png
  • Common Tab.png
  • Materials.png

#4 Steve and Carla Farnam

Steve and Carla Farnam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 16 March 2023 - 08:38 AM

Derk try changing your osb dimension to .5 , the program may have a minimum recognized wall width

#5 Derk Burgers

Derk Burgers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 March 2023 - 11:09 AM

Derk try changing your osb dimension to .5 , the program may have a minimum recognized wall width

Nice suggestion! No dice. The 7/16 thickness worked for other materials...not for anything sheathing related...I did this one in the 2024 pre release so submitting to support isn't an option!

Thanks for your help --- I'll probably just give up for now seeing as it doesn't really matter and it's in a trial version of the software.

#6 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationSilverton Oregon

Posted 16 March 2023 - 12:01 PM

Support for V2024 is very much an option. You just need to post this in the V2024 area and they will absolutely look into it.

#7 Steve and Carla Farnam

Steve and Carla Farnam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 16 March 2023 - 12:40 PM

Derk, try setting your wal disply height to zero

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wall sheathing, sheathing, sheeting, wall sheeting, model, extract

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users