4 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce Schlittler

Bruce Schlittler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 10 September 2023 - 12:27 PM

I am trying to create a visibility setting for Roof Plans, without the framing included. This is what I have turned on and what I am getting. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong to get the outcome I am wanting?

Attached Files

Bruce Schlittler

#2 Wendall Hilty

Wendall Hilty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 01:39 PM

Usually I use layers or building options to achieve this type of outcome but it may depend on exactly what you are trying to achieve. If you can describe more specifically what your goal is we might be able to give more helpful answers.

#3 Bruce Schlittler

Bruce Schlittler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 10 September 2023 - 02:14 PM

Wendall ,

I think the problem is that when I make changes to the visibility setting, it is not updating the drawings. I am trying to get the attached drawing without the Framing and add the Roof pitch.

Attached Files

Bruce Schlittler

#4 Wendall Hilty

Wendall Hilty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 02:56 PM

The way I normally would do this is to put the framing on a separate layer.

I don't think I ever changed the visibility for the roof pitch but could it apply to the elevations? To check if the drawing is actually updating try turning on "roof outline dashed" in the visibility. I know this effects the roof layout because I use it sometimes.

#5 Fred Dickson

Fred Dickson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 10 September 2023 - 03:18 PM

This is how I do it:  First create your roof and add just one framing member.  A single rafter will do.  Go to roof options and make sure "include walls" is checked and then Generate Drawing.  I save it as Roof Wall Layout, but whatever.  Next from the elevation tab save the top elevation.  I save this as Roof Plan.  Merge the Roof Wall Layout to this plan and you can erase any framing or walls you want.  Sometimes they don't align if your References aren't there but you can add a reference point by doing undo merge and add them to get the alignment you need.  After that is done you can add any notes you want or what ever you need.  I have attached a sample.  

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Visibilities, Roof

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users