#1 Jeff Hamilton

Jeff Hamilton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:01 AM

Attached File  3C582-03.pdf   457.91KB   225 downloads I have a exterior wall with brick veneer.  When I create a slab plan I use the floor mode and put a structural slab in.  I would like the slab to go to the exterior of the brick to dimension it correctly for a brick ledge.  However if I make the brick bearing, my area will pull to the outside of the brick and give me a false reading on the square footage.  I can not figure out a way to have the slab pull to the brick but not interfere with area, roof, etc. Has anyone else come up with a way?  I don't create any separate drawing for my slabs as I dimension and note directly on to the floor mode (see attached).  

#2 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:39 AM

I have walls that have brick and the brick is not set as bearing. If I draw the automatic slab in floor system, as soon as I modify it to structural, it attaches to the outside of the brick. When I do area and attach to outside of bearing, it excludes the brick.

#3 Jeff Hamilton

Jeff Hamilton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:00 AM

Got it.  Thanks you Yvon.  I had to re input the slab again but it took it this time.   :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brick, foundation, area

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users