8 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Casali

Jim Casali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 August 2024 - 03:36 PM

Hi everyone,

I have a specific question regarding colors again...

I assigned colors to the slab, subfloor, etc. which works great but the problem is the floor perimeter/border has a thick color that I cannot remove (example of issue attached).

I know you can remove the border on a shape like a box but unfortunately this option isn't available for a polygon or when I try to edit slab it doesn't have an option to remove the border.

If I cant fix this issue its not the end of the world but I would like my drawings to be as clean as possible and this problem takes away from that.

All that being said, hopefully that is enough information for someone to understand the issue at hand and once again I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.PNG
  • 2.PNG

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 16 August 2024 - 08:17 AM

You can uncheck polygon shading in the "Options - Visible Items - check box near bottom" If you just want slabs to show up on your plan, but not the shading. Not sure that is what you are doing, but I'd try that.

• Jim Casali likes this

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#3 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 16 August 2024 - 08:41 AM

That might be the "visible item" that fills in just walls on left top of the 6 items   "Show/Print Walls Solid"  it might be.

Also might just be how the wall is defined to show shading.

You can fix it, it's just a matter figuring out why.

Looks like that is in drawing mode, not floor, so I think is probably the wall definition needs to be visited to show no shading?

Also you might want to turn off the outside and inside "visible" in the definition on the outside material , siding of whatever, to make the 

look of the wall clean.  I only have visible via the definition, the studs and plates.   For me it makes it easier as i measure to the 

exterior of the walls.   I have never seen a need to have the siding or exterior material show on the drawing. I also don't show 

drywall.   

• Jim Casali likes this

#4 Ron Sirolli

Ron Sirolli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 19 August 2024 - 04:35 AM

I HAVE A QUESTION IS THERE A WAY TO TAKE OFF VISABLE ITEMS WHER YOU DRAW BOXES IT SEAM TO BE GRAYED OUT

#5 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 19 August 2024 - 08:58 AM

THat's not clear enough to answer, what when and where?

#6 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 20 August 2024 - 07:37 AM

Jim, since you gave me a like, I did a quik video to further deal with the wall shading.

https://www.screenca...m/t/KAMevqknaBQ

• Jim Casali likes this

#7 Jim Casali

Jim Casali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 August 2024 - 08:50 AM

Jim, since you gave me a like, I did a quik video to further deal with the wall shading.

https://www.screenca...m/t/KAMevqknaBQ

Fred, I really appreciate you taking the time to explain this in detail. I understand the use of wall definitions and the ability to add shading or textures to any part of wall, etc.

The problem I am having, is finding a way to shade different floor systems. If you look at the attached, I assigned color to the garage slab but NOT floor system of the house.

Instead, I drew a polygon around the perimeter of the floor system, then shaded to achieve that look. You are probably wondering why I didn't just turn on visibility of the subfloor...

As you can see in the close up of screenshot EX3.PNG, the subfloor is accurately being displayed but it looks sloppy in certain areas like around windows and has a dark orange border that I cannot remove or change to black.

All that being said, I am just trying to add a shaded floor system (without a border or with a black border) that covers all the areas of the floor plan without overlapping windows and doors. The closest I can get to this look is drawing the polygon around the perimeter, but this still isn't perfect, it just looks the best of all options I can come up with.

EX.4.PNG is the look I am trying to achieve, because to me, it gives a clean and accurate representation of the floor plan.

(FYI, it was not done in SoftPlan as you can probably tell, which is why I am having trouble replicating it)

Thanks again

Attached Thumbnails

• EX1.PNG
  • EX2.PNG
  • EX3.PNG
  • EX4.PNG

#8 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,123 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 August 2024 - 11:29 AM

We really need a "Show Border" checkbox for the polygon the same as for a box. I miss that option.

My option would be to draw a polygon with the shade break tool, and then add a colour image as a shade paint, and adjust the opacity. I have a library of 773 coloured JPG's I use. They were created for another use originally, but work well in Softplan.

2024.08.20-13h52m50s.png

TIP: If you go to PAINT LINES and check SHADE PAINT, then go to PAINT IMAGE without any in between steps, it will PAINT the IMAGE as a SHADE.

Ashampoo_Snap_Tuesday, August 20, 2024_13h31m13s.png

• Jim Casali likes this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#9 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 21 August 2024 - 05:06 AM

Might can do something with Area Mode, turn some visibilities on or off, do some manual lines, adjust the lollipops?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Color, Colors, Border, Remove, Remove Border, Remove Color

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users