4 replies to this topic

#1 brian praye

brian praye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:10 PM

Softplan v14.  I feel like I should know the answer to this,..another z-axis issue, but I can't figure a work-around.  I want to take a horizontal cylinder, and slope it on the z axis.  I tried creating a round beam, since that can be sloped, but no joy.  Can't make it round.  Anybody got a way to cheat it?  Or, am I missing something obvious?

TIA

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:56 PM

Did you try adding a profile (you may have to custom make one or two) to each side of a really thin beam? I haven't tried this, it's just a suggestion.
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 brian praye

brian praye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:21 PM

That is good "outside the box" thinking!.  So far, I have built a half-round log beam, but can't flip or rotate it to where I can sandwich 2 of them together.  Gonna keep trying though.  Thanks.

#4 Dennis Hilborn

Dennis Hilborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationDFW Texas

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:24 PM

That is good "outside the box" thinking!.  So far, I have built a half-round log beam, but can't flip or rotate it to where I can sandwich 2 of them together.  Gonna keep trying though.  Thanks.

You may have to draw another one the opp hand and "marry" them together.

#5 brian praye

brian praye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:02 PM

Actually, just figured out a better way,..Thanks Keith for putting me on the right track.  So anybody wanting a slope-able cylinder solid, here is how.  In profiles, rounds, I added a full round to the half and quarter already there.  Created a new beam, material log.  Change the default profile for beams (which is trim and square, I believe), to rounds and my new full round profile.  Draw the new round beam, and adjust slope to desired result.  Surface edit in 3d, and Bob's your uncle, a sloped cylinder.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: slope, solid, symbol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users