6 replies to this topic

#1 Wendall Hilty

Wendall Hilty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 07:53 AM

How does one go about to rotate the direction of the hardwood flooring in 3d mode. By default it runs in the direction of the longest dimension of a room. Usually this is correct but at times I need to run it in the opposite direction. I'm sure there must be a simple solution but I sure can't find it anywhere.

#2 Derk Burgers

Derk Burgers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSioux Center, Iowa

Posted 29 June 2022 - 08:16 AM

For 3d purposes, while in 3d mode, right click the item -> Surface Edit -> "Options" Tab - > check the "Rotate" box. I believe this rotates all instances of "Hardwood 1", etc. If you need more control, you may have to use multiple instances of Hardwood Floor and copy/paste the texture.

• Mark Petri, Stephan Page and Wendall Hilty like this

#3 Wendall Hilty

Wendall Hilty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 09:53 AM

Thank you for your help. That took care of it.

• Derk Burgers likes this

#4 David Franz

David Franz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationCleveland,Ohio

Posted 29 June 2022 - 03:20 PM

In most instances in the field Hardwood should run perpendicular to the joists below,just FYI

David Franz

Wood Tech Builders LLC

member Greater Cleveland HBA

#5 Wendall Hilty

Wendall Hilty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 30 June 2022 - 06:52 AM

In most instances in the field Hardwood should run perpendicular to the joists below,just FYI

In this case it will most likely be a floating floor rather than actual hardwood. Apparently the program runs it in the the direction of the widest dimension of each room. I want it all running in the same direction regardless of the different orientations of each room.

Now that I think about it, I suppose I could have used interior mode to run the flooring through all the rooms I need in one piece. That way it would all be locked together with the same orientaion.

#6 Jonathan Barto

Jonathan Barto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pa

Posted 02 July 2022 - 08:20 AM

Now you may run into an issue where you have hardwood in multi rooms and sometimes it will be drawing say front to back in one room and left to right in another.   if you click the rotate it rotates both rooms.   Unfortunately softplan has no way to start a ref point in the flooring.

The work around we do is just pick say flooring 12 in that room.   so you can apply a different texture to it.   This does cause issues for softlist for us..   

Hope they get a fix for this in an updated version.

#7 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 02 July 2022 - 08:55 AM

Just do what Wendall said above.
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rotate, hardwood, flooring, reference edge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users