• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Miller

Mike Miller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 December 2023 - 11:31 AM

Any way to avoid this error?  It occurs if you rename a drawing, or change out a drawing from the model.  To get rid of it, manually going into each drawing and each drawing mode, right clicking on the overlay list, and removing it is not a good option.  Maybe there's an easier way?

Attached Files

#2 Michael Roman

Michael Roman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationPeshtigo, WI

Posted 26 December 2023 - 06:27 AM

Not sure if there is an easy to fix it on existing drawings, but my cure for that has always been to make sure that I never close a drawing with an overlay turned on.  If you turn the overlays off before you save and exit you should not get the error. 

#3 Mike Miller

Mike Miller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2023 - 09:34 AM

Thanks Mike!  I'll try this.  I typically have overlays (and building options/layers) on autohide, so idk if that counts as 'turned off" or if I just need to make sure it's not checked and visible on my drawing at the time of saving/closing it.  Will experiment.

I don't see why this popup needs to exist though.  If SP can't find the drawing due to renaming or deleting, it should just not show up on the overlay list.

#4 Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 09 January 2024 - 01:01 PM

your drawing is looking for a reference drawing that it can't find.  in the overlay screen that drawing will show up here (see my yellow marks).  use use your opposite to pick  mouse button and delete this unknown reference file.

Attached Files

Joseph A. Smith

http://granitedesigngroup.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Overlay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users