8 replies to this topic

#1 Alan Baas

Alan Baas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan, USA

Posted 31 January 2024 - 05:04 PM

Please help, a drawing I have been working on started generating weird elevations and not generating the complete drawing. Everytime I open a view(doesn't matter which one) it is zoomed WAY out. It looks like it shows the workspace limit box and the drawing way outside the box. I have closed the drawing and reopened it and it is still doing it. I have a video call with the customer tomorrow. Any help is appreciated. I attached a pic. The project is above the box. The elevation in "model" shows the whole house, the annotated view cuts off parts of the house. See pics

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.JPG
  • Capture1.JPG
  • Capture2.JPG

#2 Steve and Carla Farnam

Steve and Carla Farnam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 31 January 2024 - 05:31 PM

Alan there may be an object outside of the drawing on the paper that keeps the zoom extent command from bringing the image closer.

Try using block erase starting just outside the drawing out to the paper edges. 

I do not work with annotated and wonder if one drawing is overlapping the other cutting off a portion of the view?

#3 Alan Baas

Alan Baas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan, USA

Posted 05 February 2024 - 09:26 AM

Thanks, tried that didn't work. I think my camera view settings got messed up. Appreciate the advice. Can I ask why you don't work with annotated? Thats how I build my plan sets for houses. What do you do?

#4 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 09:37 AM

I've never used annotated either.  

#5 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 05 February 2024 - 09:57 AM

I never use annotated.  I save elevations then add lots of details

• Joseph Smith likes this

#6 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 05 February 2024 - 11:03 AM

I never use annotated elevations either. I generate the elevations then add all my relevant notes and model paint separately. My method of generating elevations is very different, but it works for me. See this thread ... https://softplan.com...paint-tutorial/

NOTE: This was BEFORE annotated elevations were a thing ...

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#7 Bill Wimberley

Bill Wimberley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • LocationSan Angelo, TX

Posted 05 February 2024 - 12:30 PM

I started using the annotated elevations after updating to 2024. Prior to that I always saved to drawing files and edited the drawings.

Using the annotated elevations can take a little more time initially because you have to get the model completely correct in 3D. If you are saving to a drawing you can get the model close then clean up the drawing.

The big advantage when using annotated elevations is when changes are made or when using Building Options. Any changes are automatically shown in the elevations, saving a lot of time during revisions. I use Building Options extensively.

Annotated elevations can be noted and dimensioned just like a saved line drawing. And you don't have to paint it because you can just show the 3D textures.

Looking at the first image above it appears to me that the house is placed WAY outside the Workspace Limit for the project. Perhaps try moving the floor plans into the Workspace (the rectangular area near the bottom of the first image.

If that doesn't fix it I'd send it to Tech Support. It can be difficult to diagnose a problem from a couple images if you don't have the drawings.

• Mark Petri, Rick Kingsbury and David Zawadzki like this

#8 Gary Wicklund

Gary Wicklund

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationDuncan BC Canada

Posted 06 February 2024 - 10:03 AM

I never use annotated.  I save elevations then add lots of details

Me too.

I’m getting better at the 3D but it still takes too long to get the model “exactly” right, custom windows, doors, timber frame elements, sloping lots with basements etc are still way quicker to do in 2d.

Making changes to the 2d elevations isn’t too bad as by the time I get to those there aren’t a lot of changes.

I’m not using plus so I don’t have access to a lot of the mfg libraries.

#9 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 06 February 2024 - 10:26 AM

Reading some of the comments on here reminds me of the time a friend from down south who came for a visit and got caught in a snowstorm and was stuck in the hotel parking lot.

I reminded her that her truck had 4WD.

She asked me how do you put it in 4WD? LOL
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: elevations, workspace, problems, annotated view

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users