2 replies to this topic

#1 Jason Bloomingdale

Jason Bloomingdale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 October 2024 - 02:54 PM

Hi all,

Does anybody know if there's a way to control which wall takes "priority" when two exterior walls meet, especially on an inside corner? For instance, in my particular case, I've got two walls meeting - one has a brick wainscot with siding above, and the other is all siding. Where they meet, currently the wall with no wainscot terminates into the one with the brick, which causes a gap above the wainscot in the 3D models. Does anyone know if there's a way for me to tell the brick wall to terminate into the siding wall?

#2 Colin Freichels

Colin Freichels

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 October 2024 - 03:18 PM

If you go to the 'Tools' bar, there is an "Adjust Wall Material". When you click it, it will give you a dropdown and you want the "butt" command.

From there, any material that you click will then butt all the way up to whichever other material you select. It takes some trial and error to get the hang of it but I use it all the time for the same type of thing.

• Steve Haarmann, David Zawadzki and Matthew Dunson like this

#3 Jason Bloomingdale

Jason Bloomingdale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 October 2024 - 09:24 AM

oh man, thanks! I hadn't seen that before! Now I just have to figure out on my other job, the wall definition is changing based on what side of the house it's on, but that's for another post. Thanks again!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Brick, Siding, Walls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users