Walls Demolition Dashed Lines Dash Dotted Lines

11 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Casali

Jim Casali

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2023 - 07:07 AM

Im very new to softplan and need help with creating dashed walls for my demolition plan. I am trying to show which walls will remain (solid) and which walls need to be removed (dashed).

When I go to wall definitions and make the "Stud-Insulated A" texture visible, it applies the texture to ALL the walls. Is there a way to select only the walls I want to be dashed?

See the attached of what I have so far... hopefully there is a quick solution. Thanks in advance!

#2 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 17 August 2023 - 08:27 AM

Copy the wall definition with a new name (something like "wall xyz demo" then edit that wall with a different texture. Apply that wall type to the walls to be demolished. It also makes it easier later on the edit those walls as a group by selecting "wall type".

• Jim Casali likes this

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

#3 Wesley Penner

Wesley Penner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMaricourt, QC, Canada

Posted 17 August 2023 - 09:56 AM

The best way that I know of would be to make a separate wall definition for the walls that are to be removed. Then you can set linestyles, textures, and colours like you want for the demo'd walls while leaving the other walls with the desired textures. 

• Jim Casali likes this

#4 John Jones

John Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 August 2023 - 10:25 AM

Use the remodeler wall configuration: everything is already set up.

• Rick Kingsbury, David Zawadzki, Richard Rubinski and 1 other like this

#5 Jim Casali

Jim Casali

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2023 - 11:20 AM

Use the remodeler wall configuration: everything is already set up.

Appreciate all the replies... using the remodeler wall configuration sounds great but I cannot locate where this tool is. I understand the alternative suggestion (creating a new wall type) which I will use for now but I also would like to know how to use what youre talking about, John, if its already set up. Can you provide more detail as to where I can find this tool? Thanks again.

#6 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 17 August 2023 - 11:24 AM

It used to be that changing a wall configuration, reverted to the out of the box configuration and that all custom walls were lost. Is that no longer the case?

• Mike Adams and Jim Casali like this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#7 John Jones

John Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 August 2023 - 11:31 AM

Jim - reach out to technical support and they will walk you through it.  Tell them you need to use the default Remodeler wall configuration.

• Rick Kingsbury and Jim Casali like this

#8 Christian Stoltzfus

Christian Stoltzfus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 04:03 AM

Draw a wall as usual. There is a check box labeled "hidden" when you edit the wall. This should make the wall appear dashed.

#9 Henry Buckner

Henry Buckner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 06:57 AM

That's true, but hidden walls don't print.

• Mike Adams likes this

#10 Ron Mejeur

Ron Mejeur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationKalalmazoo, Mi

Posted 23 August 2023 - 06:53 AM

I use the wall specified as "plate".  It shows up dashed and will print.

Ron Mejeur

#11 Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 23 August 2023 - 07:28 AM

The wall definition tool can seem complicated at first...especially when "bearing" matters.  But once it sinks in...it is invaluable.  I never use any list other than the standard wall list and when I need a custom wall, I create it.  The extended and remodeler's list has way too much stuff for me and repetition in creating custom walls in the standard wall list has become second hand.

I did what Wesley suggested above using "paint" in the walls with a "paint break" as necessary early on. That works ok, but custom walls are my go to now.

#12 Jeremy Plum

Jeremy Plum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationBishop, Ca.

Posted 23 August 2023 - 07:30 AM

or create a layer with a linestyle of the dash you want.

assign whatever you want to be in that dashed linestyle to that layer. this way you can assign it to windows, doors, electrical...anything you plan to remove.

Jeremy Plum

Plum Design & Construction

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Walls, Demolition, Dashed Lines, Dash, Dotted Lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users