#1 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:34 PM

Does anyone else have trouble with things not printing (saving to PDF) correctly? I have my pen settings where they've been forever and just adjusted for the dashed posts/piers to be lighter, but still get the goofy partial circle instead when saving the PDF. It prints correctly if I use Cute PDF to save it.

This is the drawing screen

Pier%20Post%20PDF%20Drawing.JPG

This is the plan set screen

Pier%20Post%20PDF%20Plan%20Set%20Sheet.J

And, this is what gets saved to PDF...

Pier%20Post%20PDF%20Print.JPG

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#2 Brad Graber

Brad Graber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:51 PM

I just ran into a similar situation only different just now. 

i  have a project that i did in 2014 and now opened up in 2016 to make some changes.  When I print the drawings (in 2016) the prints look like the attached pdf files, even though on the softplan screen they look correct. I use cutepdf pro for all of my printing pdf files.  I use mult-drawings.  I'm not trying to get batch pdf export to work in review and it's taking a long time, so that's not going to be a good answer.

Here is how softplan's screen looks.

plot%20problems_zpsjuekgzym.jpg

Here is how the pdf printed.

plot%20problems%20-%202_zps6u7bnipz.jpg

#3 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:07 PM

That stinks. When you are in the multi-drawing I assume you can select your elevations and edit and move them? If so, have you tried removing all the drawings from the multi-drawing and then adding them again? I've found when I import certain drawings or start something new with an old drawing that parts seem like they are in 1 spot on the screen, but are actually in another spot. When I do a clean up or "re-add" them to a drawing they go back to normal. It is more often the case with a DWG import, but maybe the same thing is happening??

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#4 Brad Graber

Brad Graber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:31 AM

I have tried a couple of things to fix the elevation moving issue.  It only happens with the batch print command.  I was able to repeat the issue with printing straight to my printer as well (not using a pdf file).  It doesn't always move the same page or drawing, it just randomly always moves one though.  I tried removing all of the multi drawings then putting them back together to no avail.  I sent it to tech support but they weren't able to repeat the issue.  Anyone else able to repeat this.  Sorry to hijack your post.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Posts, printing, dashed lines, line weight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users