8 replies to this topic

#1 Amanda Taylor

Amanda Taylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 01:13 PM

Hello!

I was unable to edit SP's board and batten to give a wider appearance, but was able to create a new profile to do so. I applied the new wider b&b profile, but now I want to see if it's possible to shift it over so one of the batten pieces is centered under the gable roof, instead of being centered on the board. Has anyone figured this out yet?

Thanks for the help!

Attached Files

#2 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSilverton Oregon

Posted 29 November 2021 - 05:58 PM

If you edit your paint you will see an option halfway down for "horizontal offset". What you want is what this is used for. It may take a few tries to get it where you want it.

#3 Amanda Taylor

Amanda Taylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 08:50 PM

I think I have tried what you're saying, Gary, but nothing changes. Surface edit - options - offset - horizontal - enter any # and there's no change.

#4 Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 06:15 AM

As Gary mentioned, I have fiddled with the horizontal offset with success.  One other thing I also do is ...at a gable or trying to center the ribs on a roof is place the cursor dead center of where I am painting and then click.

Good luck.

#5 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSilverton Oregon

Posted 30 November 2021 - 10:23 AM

I think I have tried what you're saying, Gary, but nothing changes. Surface edit - options - offset - horizontal - enter any # and there's no change.

Just tried this again Amanda on a model and it worked for me with several different materials EXCEPT for softplan's board and batt. You need to send this to tech support as there appears to be a hiccup with that one.

#6 Amanda Taylor

Amanda Taylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 12:23 PM

They're sending it to the development team. Hopefully we can make the adjustment in the future.

• Gary McKeon and Sean Tobin like this

#7 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 01 December 2021 - 10:15 AM

Is the siding texture a paint or a profile. With profiles we have less options for alignment in my experience. Often the battens do not get placed centered, but in reference to whatever edge SP thinks they start on. Maybe I am not understanding it, but that could be an issue with profiles.

• Chris Proost likes this

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#8 Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 01 December 2021 - 10:29 AM

Is the siding texture a paint or a profile. With profiles we have less options for alignment in my experience. Often the battens do not get placed centered, but in reference to whatever edge SP thinks they start on. Maybe I am not understanding it, but that could be an issue with profiles.

I was going to ask that question also, sure looks like profile.

Joseph A. Smith

http://granitedesigngroup.com

#9 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 02 December 2021 - 12:47 PM

This has been a common annoyance for me as well. If I really need it to look correct, on 2D elevations, I draw the battens in manually. Sucks but, it at least looks correct when done. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: board and batten

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users